Aspiring Photographer

Saturday, July 25, 2009




Its been a little bit since my last post so I thought I would get everyone a caught up a little bit. Yay!

A lot has happened so I will try to condense as much as I can. Finals happened, went back to Idaho, picked up the last couple days of Parma Convention, went home to Rupert and Farmed for 2 weeks, made a 4 day road trip back to Seattle going North through Idaho to Montana, wakeboarding for a day, and then getting back to Sea-town. Now in my 2nd week of the new quarter and in a new job working as a resident assistant at my apartment complex, which means I get my own studio apartment and a decent paying job... considering how little I have to do.


How's that? That's the short Story, so here's a little explanation of a few things.

Farming: Got to go home and farm for Dad and spent a week and a half hauling grain back and forth from Rupert to Bliss (3 1/2 hour round trip). Got to see some cool stuff like a train that had de-railed out in Minidoka. Got to play on the water a bit so definitely got to enjoy the out doors of Idaho while I was home. Towards the end of my time there I helped move 3 huge fuel tanks to the farm... scary! (Check out the pics!)

Road Trip: Coming back to Seattle I wanted to take my time, enjoy a good motorcycle ride, take some pictures, and just take in the beauty of the North West. It took me a full 3 days worth of riding, and 1 day in there spent in Montana at the Gamma's place playing on the water and hanging out with some great people. Here's a synopsis of the route I took, which I would definitely recomend for anyone on a motorcycle. Rupert to Sunvalley, then to Stanely, then Cutting back to Boise going through Idaho City. Then from Boise going to McCall, Grangeville, Hitting the short Hwy 13, connecting to Highway 12 up to Missoula, Mt. Then taking the Hwy 34 on the East side of Flathead Lake to Kalispell (Watch out for Cops! Beautiful sunset there though) From Kalispell to Spokane on Hwy 2 going through Bonners Ferry. After that my camera failed on me so I just took the Interstate back to Seattle, very boring, but got home safely.

Now back in school I got the job I applied for as being a Resident Assistant for the Lenora Apartments at my school. With this job I get my own studio apartment which I'm so, so happy to have, and then I work 3-4 nights every 2 weeks sitting around giving out packages to residents, responding to emergencies, and just doing homework. Classes are good, and we are starting to get back into the thick of shooting. I'll let you know when I get some good stuff put together!

Phew.... seems like a lot of stuff. Check out the pictures and let me know what you think! All of these come from this last break, so I hope you enjoy!

-Taylor

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At July 25, 2009 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Pamella said...

Awesome pictures Taylor! Glad you made it back to Seattle safe and that you get your OWN ROOM! Life is Good!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home